Item No: pdcf00096
Title: Falls of Schuylkill Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Falls of Schuylkill Branch, ca. 1990s
Historic Street Address:
3501 Midvale Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Falls of Schuylkill Branch opened at its present location, 3501 Midvale Avenue, on November 18, 1913. (The original branch was opened in 1901 as a Deposit Station, and was located in the Old Academy building at 3544 Indian Queen Lane.) The land for this branch was a gift from the Warden Estate and William H. Merrick. The building is the 14th branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie.
This is an exterior view of the Falls of Schuylkill Branch landscaping and signage, at the corner of Warden Drive and Midvale Avenue, probably taken sometime in the 1990s.
This branch serves the East Falls community. It is located at the intersection of Midvale Avenue, Warden Drive, and Conrad Street.