Item No: pdcf00101
Title: Fox Chase Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the original Fox Chase Branch, 1966
Historic Street Address:
501 Rhawn Street
Print and Picture Collection
In October 1951, volunteers and members of the Fox Chase Civic League renovated the first floor of this old school building, to be used as the Fox Chase Branch. This is a 1966 exterior view of the original building, from the corner of Rhawn and Jeanes Streets.
By the mid-1960s, the library had outgrown the old building. In 1967, the old school was torn down and a trailer provided temporary library service. On August 26, 1968, the new library opened at the same location.
The Fox Chase Branch serves the Fox Chase community of Northeast Philadelphia.
Lawrence S. Williams, Inc. - Photographer