Item No: pdcf00106
Title: Fox Chase Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering of new Fox Chase Branch, ca. 1966
Historic Street Address:
501 Rhawn Street
Print and Picture Collection
In October 1951, volunteers and members of the Fox Chase Civic League renovated the first floor of an old school building, to become the Fox Chase Branch. By the mid-1960s, the library had outgrown the old building. This image is a ca. 1966 rendering for a new building, designed by Suer, Livingston, and Demas, Architects.
In 1967, the old school was torn down and a trailer provided temporary library service. On August 26, 1968, the new library opened at the same location.
The Fox Chase Branch serves the Fox Chase community of Northeast Philadelphia.
Suer, Livingston, and Demas - Architect
Oakes, Earle, 1923-2011 - Artist