Item No: pdcf00109
Title: Fox Chase Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the entrance to the new Fox Chase Branch, opened in 1968
Historic Street Address:
501 Rhawn Street
Print and Picture Collection
In October 1951, volunteers and members of the Fox Chase Civic League renovated the first floor of an old school building, to become the Fox Chase Branch. By the mid-1960s, the library had outgrown the old building.
In 1967, the old school was torn down and a trailer provided temporary library service. On August 26, 1968, the new branch building opened at the same location. This is an exterior view of the front entrance of the new building.
The Fox Chase Branch serves the Fox Chase community of Northeast Philadelphia.
Skomark Associates - Photographer