Item No: pdcp00717
Title: Beneficial Saving Fund Society
Additional Title: Promotional trade card
Historic Street Address:
12th & Chestnut Streets, Southwest corner
Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Banks A-Z General Folder: Banks A-Z
Promotional trade card showing an oblique view of the Beneficial Saving Fund Society building at the southwest corner of 12th & Chestnut Streets. Verso contains printed information regarding the bank's incoporation date, assets, and managers.
The Beneficial Saving Fund Society began occupying offices at 12th & Chestnut on September 19, 1855. Building demolished June 1880. Rebuilt January 1881. Building's 1916 renovation designed by architect Horace Trumbauer (1868-1938). Still extant.
Trumbauer, Horace, 1868-1938 - Architect