Advanced
Fox Chase Branch

Item Info

Item No: pdcf00111
Title: Fox Chase Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the back patio of the new Fox Chase Branch, 1968
Historic Street Address: 501 Rhawn Street
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

In October 1951, volunteers and members of the Fox Chase Civic League renovated the first floor of an old school building, to become the Fox Chase Branch.  By the mid-1960s, the library had outgrown the old building. 

In 1967, the old school was torn down and a trailer provided temporary library service. On August 26, 1968, the new branch building opened at the same location.   This is an exterior view of the back patio of the new building. Note that “The Three Bears” sculpture is installed there. (See #pdcf00107, for a close-up view of the sculpture.)

The Fox Chase Branch serves the Fox Chase community of Northeast Philadelphia.


Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:40.076553
Geocode Longitude:-75.082419

Creator Name: Skomark Associates - Photographer