Item No: pdcf00112
Title: Fox Chase Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the new Fox Chase Branch, 1968
Historic Street Address:
501 Rhawn Street
Print and Picture Collection
In October 1951, volunteers and members of the Fox Chase Civic League renovated the first floor of an old school building, to become the Fox Chase Branch. By the mid-1960s, the library had outgrown the old building.
In 1967, the old school was torn down and a trailer provided temporary library service. On August 26, 1968, the new branch building opened at the same location. This is an interior view of the of the new building, with stacks and reading area to the left, and a partial view of the back patio through the rear entrance to the right.
The Fox Chase Branch serves the Fox Chase community of Northeast Philadelphia.
Skomark Associates - Photographer