Item No: pdcp00741
Title: Fidelity Trust Company Trade Card
Additional Title: "Court Leading to Carpenter's Hall opposite Fidelity Trust Company"
Historic Street Address:
327-331 Chestnut Street
Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Banks A-Z General Folder: Banks A-Z
Photomechanical print of an etching showing the Fidelity Trust Company Building (Fidelity Insurance Trust & Safe Deposit Co.) originaly located at 327-331 Chestnut Street. Partial view shows building at the end of the alleyway. Print signed Robert J. Thompson. Verso contains "Condensed Statement" of the Fidelity Trust Company.
Earliest documented date for building is 1879. Additions/alterations made in 1889 by G. W. & W. D. Hewitt (fl. 1878 - 1907). In 1905 further alterations designed by Theophilus Parsons, Jr. Chandler (1845-1928), and again in 1921 by John Torrey Windrim (1866-1934). Demolish date unknown.
G. W. & W. D. Hewitt (fl. 1878 - 1907) - Architect
Chandler, Theophilus P. (Theophilus Parsons), 1845-1928 - Architect
Thompson, Robert J. - Artist