Item No: pdcf00158
Title: Greater Olney Branch
Additional Title: Three-quarter exterior view of the Greater Olney Branch, 1949
Historic Street Address:
5501 North 5th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Kiwanis Club and the Olney Community Council began working together in 1945, to create a Free Library in their neighborhood. The Greater Olney Branch opened in the former Olney Bank and Trust Company building on October 20, 1949. This three-quarter exterior view shows the newly-converted building, just prior to opening.
Located at 5th Street and Tabor Road, the branch serves the Olney community.