Item No: pdcf00166
Title: Greater Olney Branch
Additional Title: Architectural rendering for remodeling of the Greater Olney Branch, 1963
Historic Street Address:
5501 North 5th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Kiwanis Club and the Olney Community Council began working together in 1945, to create a Free Library in their neighborhood. The Greater Olney Branch opened in the former Olney Bank and Trust Company building on October 20, 1949.
In the mid-1960s, a major remodeling/modernization for the branch was undertaken. This 1963 architectural rendering of the exterior, by architect Louis E. McAllister, shows the proposed changes to the entrance.
Located at 5th Street and Tabor Road, the branch serves the Olney community.