Item No: pdcf00167
Title: Greater Olney Branch
Additional Title: Main floor plan for the remodeling of the Greater Olney Branch, 1963
Historic Street Address:
5501 North 5th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Kiwanis Club and the Olney Community Council began working together in 1945, to create a Free Library in their neighborhood. The Greater Olney Branch opened in the former Olney Bank and Trust Company building on October 20, 1949.
In the mid-1960s, a major remodeling/modernization for the branch was undertaken. This is a copy of architect Louis E. McAllister’s main floor plan for the building.
Located at 5th Street and Tabor Road, the branch serves the Olney community.