Item No: pdcf00172
Title: Greater Olney Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the main floor of the remodeled Greater Olney Branch, 1966
Print and Picture Collection
The Kiwanis Club and the Olney Community Council began working together in 1945, to create a Free Library in their neighborhood. The Greater Olney Branch opened in the former Olney Bank and Trust Company building on October 20, 1949.
In the mid-1960s, a major remodeling/modernization for the branch was undertaken. This ca. 1966 interior view shows the remodeled main floor, facing the circulation desk on the right and the young adult stacks at the far end.
Located at 5th Street and Tabor Road, the branch serves the Olney community.