Item No: pdcf00195
Title: Haverford Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering for the Haverford Branch, ca. 1977
Historic Street Address:
5543 Haverford Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
5,000 signatures were collected, to petition City Council to erect a library branch for the Haddington-Carroll Park community. Funding for the library was approved in 1976. This is the architect's ca. 1977 rendering for the new building.
Ground was broken for the new Haverford Branch in 1978, and the library opened on September 5, 1979. A colorful stained glass mural, installed above the front door, was created by artist Crosby Willet.
Located at the intersection of Haverford Avenue, 56th and Westminster Streets, the branch serves the community of Haddington-Carroll Park.
J. Roy Carroll, Jr. & Partners - Architect
Oakes, Earle, 1923-2011 - Artist