Item No: pdcf00234
Title: Kingsessing Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the children's room in the Kingsessing Branch, ca. 1990s
Historic Street Address:
1201 S. 51st Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Kingsessing Branch opened on November 29, 1919. The land for the library was provided by the Board of Recreation for the City of Philadelphia, as part of the Kingsessing Recreational Park and Playground. The branch was the 22nd library in Philadelphia to be constructed with Andrew Carnegie funds.
This view of the children's room, highlighting its castle-motif story hour space, was taken in the 1990s.
Located in Kingsessing Park, fronting on 51st Street, between Chester and Kingsessing Avenues, this branch serves the Kingsessing neighborhood.