Item No: pdcf00263
Title: Logan Branch
Additional Title: Interior of the Logan Branch, 1919
Historic Street Address:
1333 Wagner Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Logan Branch, seen in this 1919 interior view, was the 21st Free Library branch built using funds donated by Andrew Carnegie; it opened on November 16, 1918. Designed by architect John T. Windrim, the interior consists of one story, with a main room and a children's room, and a raised basement with a lecture room, dining room, store room, kitchen, boiler room and coal bin. This branch’s less ornate detailing (compared with earlier Carnegie branches) is a consequence of the inflated war-time cost of building materials and labor.
The Logan Branch serves the residents of the Logan neighborhood.
Rau, William Herman, 1855-1920 - Photographer