Item No: pdcf00269
Title: Logan Branch
Additional Title: Close-up view of the entrance to the Logan Branch, 1966
Historic Street Address:
1333 Wagner Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Logan Branch was the 21st Free Library branch built using funds donated by Andrew Carnegie, and opened on November 16, 1918. This branch’s less ornate detailing (compared with earlier Carnegie branches) is a consequence of the inflated war-time cost of building materials and labor.
In the late 1950s, the branch was modernized, but a basement fire in 1962 made it necessary to rehabilitate the interior again. This exterior view of the entrance was taken in 1966, showing little change since its earliest years.
The Logan Branch serves the Logan community.
Lawrence S. Williams, Inc. - Photographer