Item No: pdcc01417
Title: Baeder, Delany & Adamson, glue works. [Graphic]
Historic Street Address:
1006 N. 6th Street
Print and Picture Collection
Depicts glue manufacturing complex of Baeder, Delany & Adamson. Complex contains several buildings on North Sixth Street above Columbia Avenue. The largest building has numerous stories and a cupola. In the foreground a laborer pushes a wheelbarrow and a man and woman stroll on the sidewalk. Also shows street traffic. A horse-drawn carriage, and a covered wagon travel in front of the manufactory. The firm, established in 1828 by Charles Baeder, became the premier manufacturer of its kind in the United States.
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler