Item No: pdcf00316
Title: McPherson Square Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the McPherson Square Branch, 1961
Historic Street Address:
601 East Indiana Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The McPherson Square Branch opened in the repurposed Webster Mansion on July 5, 1898. The mansion was torn down in 1915; the new building, erected on the same site in 1917, became the 19th Andrew Carnegie-funded Free Library branch. This view shows the rehabilitated exterior of the McPherson Square Branch, in October of 1961.
Set in McPherson Square Park, the McPherson Square Branch serves the neighborhoods of Kensington, McPherson Square, and Kensington & Allegheny. It is located near the Allegheny El station.
Lawrence S. Williams, Inc. - Photographer