Item No: pdcf00350
Title: Nicetown-Tioga Branch
Additional Title: Meeting room in the Nicetown-Tioga Branch, 1962
Historic Street Address:
3720 North Broad Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Nicetown Branch opened in 1897, in the converted Pfund's Hall at 4015 Germantown Avenue. In 1917, the branch was relocated to a new Andrew Carnegie-funded building at 1715 Hunting Park Avenue.
The branch relocated once more in 1958, to a converted Linton's Restaurant at 3720 North Broad Street, at which time it was renamed the Nicetown-Tioga Branch. In 1961, it was extensively remodeled and modernized, as seen in this view of the meeting room on the upper level. The children's room can be seen through the windows in the background.
The Nicetown-Tioga Branch serves the communities of Nicetown and Tioga, situated close to the Erie station of the Broad Street Subway.