Item No: pdcf00164
Title: Northwest Agency Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Northwest Agency Branch, 1940
Historic Street Address:
2425 West Lehigh Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
This is a 1940 interior view of the Northwest Agency Branch, facing the entrance. The branch was located at the corner of W. Lehigh Avenue & N. Taylor Street. Also known as the Northwest Library, it was open from 1934-1946. It was replaced in 1946 by the Widener Branch, which moved to its new location only a block away.
The Northwest Library served the North Central Philadelphia, Strawberry Mansion, and Allegheny West neighborhoods.