Item No: pdcf00376
Title: Oak Lane Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Oak Lane Branch, ca. 1958
Historic Street Address:
6614 North 12th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Oak Lane Branch was built with the combined efforts of the Ladies Review Club of Oak Lane, the Library Association, and funding from Andrew Carnegie--it was the twelfth of 25 Philadlephia libraries built using the Carnegie grant, and it opened on December 7, 1911.
This three-quarter exterior view was taken shortly after a major 1958 rehabilitation. Few changes to the exterior are evident, except for landscaping.
The Oak Lane Branch serves the community of Oak Lane, east of Broad Street at the city's northern border.