Item No: pdcf00379
Title: Oak Lane Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Oak Lane Branch, 1966
Historic Street Address:
6614 North 12th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Oak Lane Branch was built with the combined efforts of the Ladies Review Club of Oak Lane, the Library Association, and funding from Andrew Carnegie--it was the twelfth of 25 Philadlephia libraries built using the Carnegie grant, and it opened on December 7, 1911.
This view, taken in 1966, shows new flooring, a new circulation desk, new lighting, and removal of the woodwork around the archway--work performed during the 1958 rehabilitation of the interior.
The Oak Lane Branch serves the community of Oak Lane, east of Broad Street at the city's northern border.
Lawrence S. Williams, Inc. - Photographer