Item No: pdcf00380
Title: Overbrook Park Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering of the Overbrook Park Branch, ca. 1967
Historic Street Address:
7422 Haverford Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Overbrook Park neighborhood began growing after World War II. By 1960, the Schuylkill Expressway contributed to the growth of City Line Avenue and the Overbrook Park neighborhood. The Overbrook Park Branch, located at Haverford & Woodbine Avenues, opened on November 2, 1972. Designed by architect Eugene Dichter, the exterior of the circular building features an outdoor patio with attractive landscaping.
The Overbrook Park Branch serves the community of Overbrook Park.
Dichter, Eugene P. - Architect
Oakes, Earle, 1923-2011 - Artist