Item No: pdcf00390
Title: Paschalville Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Paschalville Branch, ca. 1960
Historic Street Address:
6942 Woodland Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Paschalville Branch of the Free Library was first established in 1900, in a house at the corner of 70th Street & Woodland Avenue. It was torn down in 1913, to make way for the new Andrew Carnegie-funded building, pictured here, which opened on the same site in 1915.
This exterior view was taken ca. 1960, before a planned rehabilitation. Little has changed on the exterior, except for surface dirt and street paving.
The Paschalville Branch serves the Paschalville and Elmwood neighborhoods.