Item No: pdcf00395
Title: Paschalville Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Paschalville Branch, 1963
Historic Street Address:
6942 Woodland Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Paschalville Branch of the Free Library was first established in 1900, in a house at the corner of 70th Street & Woodland Avenue. It was torn down in 1913, to make way for the new Andrew Carnegie-funded building, pictured here, which opened on the same site in 1915.
This 1963 view of the main floor shows the rehabilitation of the interior. The library received a new circulation desk, flooring, lighting, drapes, and furniture.
The Paschalville Branch serves the Paschalville and Elmwood neighborhoods.