Item No: pdcf00396
Title: Paschalville Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Paschalville Branch, 1963
Historic Street Address:
6942 Woodland Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Paschalville Branch of the Free Library was first established in 1900, in a house at the corner of 70th Street & Woodland Avenue. It was torn down in 1913, to make way for the new Andrew Carnegie-funded building, pictured here, which opened on the same site in 1915.
This 1963 view of the main floor, taken from the children's room, shows the rehabilitation of the interior. The library received a new circulation desk, flooring, lighting, drapes, and furniture.
The Paschalville Branch serves the Paschalville and Elmwood neighborhoods.