Item No: pdcf00397
Title: Thomas F. Donatucci, Sr./Passyunk Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Passyunk Branch, ca. 1914
Historic Street Address:
1935 W. Shunk Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Passyunk Branch opened on April 14, 1914, on a tract of land received from the estate of banker and philanthropist Stephen Girard. The building was the fifteenth of 25 libraries built with funds donated by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
The architect for the Passyunk Branch Library was John Torrey Windrim. The building has a T-shaped plan, consisting of one story with a basement, with brick and Beaux Arts-styled terra cotta exterior.
The library serves the neighborhoods of Girard Estate, Packer Park, Passyunk Homes, St. Richards, and West Passyunk.
Rau, William Herman, 1855-1920 - Photographer