Item No: pdcf00398
Title: Thomas F. Donatucci, Sr./Passyunk Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Passyunk Branch, ca. 1914
Historic Street Address:
1935 W. Shunk Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Passyunk Branch opened on April 14, 1914, on a tract of land received from the estate of banker and philanthropist Stephen Girard. The building was the fifteenth of 25 libraries built with funds donated by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
The architect for the Passyunk Branch Library was John Torrey Windrim. This interior view shows the main floor, featuring the circulation desk, with a view of the children's room through the archway. The interior consists of one story with a basement. The basement consists of a large meeting room, a boiler room, a staff lounge and kitchen, work rooms, and rest rooms.
The library serves the neighborhoods of Girard Estate, Packer Park, Passyunk Homes, St. Richards, and West Passyunk.
Rau, William Herman, 1855-1920 - Photographer