Item No: pdcf00399
Title: Thomas F. Donatucci, Sr./Passyunk Branch
Additional Title: Exterior landscaping for the Passyunk Branch, ca. 1939
Historic Street Address:
1935 W. Shunk Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Passyunk Branch opened on April 14, 1914, on a tract of land received from the estate of banker and philanthropist Stephen Girard. The building was the fifteenth of 25 libraries built with funds donated by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
In 1939, the Works Project Administration (W.P.A.), made improvements to the grading and landscaping of the Passyunk Branch's exterior. This image shows the changes made in the front of the building.
The library serves the neighborhoods of Girard Estate, Packer Park, Passyunk Homes, St. Richards, and West Passyunk.