Item No: pdcf00136
Title: Thomas F. Donatucci, Sr./Passyunk Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering for the Passyunk Branch, ca. 1912
Historic Street Address:
1935 Shunk Street
Print and Picture Collection
This is the architect's rendering for the Passyunk Branch, designed in 1912 by John T. Windrim. The Passyunk Branch opened on April 14, 1914, on a tract of land received from the estate of banker and philanthropist Stephen Girard. The building was the fifteenth of 25 libraries built with funds donated by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
The library serves the neighborhoods of Girard Estate, Packer Park, Passyunk Homes, St. Richards, and West Passyunk.
Windrim, John T. (John Torrey), 1866-1934 - Architect