Item No: pdcf00431
Title: Richmond Branch
Additional Title: In situ view of the Richmond Branch, 1957
Historic Street Address:
2987 Almond Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Richmond Branch (originally called the Port Richmond Branch) first opened in 1897, as a “Travelling Library,” in a store at 2965 Richmond Street. In 1898, the library became an official Free Library branch, and was moved to the second floor of the nearby Mutual Hall Association.
The current location of the Richmond Branch opened in 1910, becoming the 11th Andrew Carnegie-funded branch of the Free Library. This 1957 in situ view of the back of the branch (on the right), seen from across the park at Ann and Mercer Streets, was taken by Evening Bulletin photographer Joe Wasko.
The Richmond Branch serves the Richmond and Port Richmond communities.
Wasko, Joseph - Photographer