Item No: pdcf00497
Title: Wadsworth Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the newly-renovated Wadsworth Branch, ca. 1992
Historic Street Address:
1500 Wadsworth Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Wadsworth Branch, located in the Wadsworth Avenue shopping district, opened in 1959. In 1992, the building reopened after being closed several years for asbestos removal and building renovations. This ca. 1992 exterior evening view shows the front of the branch, from Wadsworth Avenue. A colorful mural enlivens the glass façade.
The Wadsworth Branch serves the Wadsworth, Cedarbrook, Ivy Hill, and East Mt. Airy communities.
Lawrence S. Williams, Inc. - Photographer