Item No: pdcf00514
Title: Wyoming Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Wyoming Branch children's room, 1963, after rehabilitation
Historic Street Address:
231 East Wyoming Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Wyoming Branch was the last of the 25 Free Library branches funded by Andrew Carnegie, opening in 1930. In fact, it turned out to be the last library in the world constructed with funds donated by the great library philanthropist. This 1963 image of the children's room was taken just after a major rehabilitation of the interior, which included painting, new furnishings, the replacement of the light fixtures, and the installation of linoleum floor tiling.
The Wyoming Branch serves the Juniata/Feltonville neighborhoods.