Item No: pdcf00571
Title: West Oak Lane Branch
Additional Title: Architect's rendering for the reconstruction of the West Oak Lane Branch, ca. 1980
Historic Street Address:
2000 Washington Lane
Print and Picture Collection
The West Oak Lane Branch first opened to the public on August 26, 1957. In 1980, the West Oak Lane Branch was almost totally destroyed by fire. After reconstruction, it re-opened in 1985. This image is a copy of the architect's rendering for the reconstruction of the branch, including a new addition (see image #pdcf00559 for a comparison). After reconstruction, the branch re-opened in 1985.
The West Oak Lane Branch serves West Oak Lane and parts of Cedarbrook, Ivy Hill, and East Mt. Airy.
Stewart, Noble, Class & Partners - Architect