Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek BranchHistorical Images of Philadelphia Free Library Departments and Branches
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Opened in 1925, the Cobbs Creek Branch was the 23rd Free Library branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie.
This August 1982 exterior view shows city and library representatives displaying artwork details of the new exterior murals. Wilson Goode (then city manager, soon to become mayor) is holding the painting on the left. (For a view of the murals in situ, see #pdcf00062.)
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon.The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.
Creation Year: 1982
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.241639