Item No: foc0000509
Title: The Philadelphia Electric Co.'s New Generation Station "A-2"
Business, Science and Industry Dept.
Rendition of Philadelphia Electric Company's main generating station "A-2," erected at 28th and Christian Streets contiguous to the Company's previous main plant "A-1." Designed by notable achitect James T. Windrim, this new station of 188 feet length by 282 feet maximum width housed the largest steam turbo-generator in the world, capable of producing 35,000 kilowatts. It went on line in 1915.
Current News. Vol. 9. 1914. Page 338.
621.3 C93 v. 9 1914
Windrim, John T. (John Torrey), 1866-1934 - Architect