Trolley No. 484

Item Info

Item No: pdcsm00059a
Title: Trolley No. 484
Historic Street Address: Frankford Avenue & Bridge Street
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection

This undated photograph, donated by John Gibb Smith, shows an end view of the #484 trolley, at Frankford Avenue & Bridge Street. The Philadelphia Rapid Transit Company operated trolleys in the Philadelphia area between 1902-1940, and the best estimate for this photo is 1905-1915. The #484 route ran between the Frankford and Bridesburg neighborhoods of Northeast Philadelphia. In the background to the left is the stone gatehouse/entrance to the Cedar Hill Cemetery, in Frankford. 

[Notes for this image suggested Jackson & Sharp as the designers of this model, but it may have been built by Laclede.]

Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.076854
Geocode Latitude:40.023297

Creator Name: Smith, John Gibb - Donor