Item No: pdcp00671
Title: Hamilton Court Apartments
Additional Title: 39th & Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA
Historic Street Address:
39th & Chestnut Streets, Southeast corner
Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Allens Lane Art Center - Arcade Folder: Apartment Houses
Half-tone photomechanical lithograph of an architectural drawing for Hamilton Court Apartments. Creation date unknown.
"Designed in 1901 by Milligan and Webber, who designed many of these buildings across the city, the Hamilton Court was named for the Hamilton family, who owned the “Woodlands,” the principal estate of post-Revolutionary West Philadelphia. Despite its name, the Hamilton Court was styled in a Venetian Gothic mode complete with a loggia of limestone and with a decorative bridge over a central, water-filled lagoon (now replaced by parking)."
 National Register of Historic Places. (n.d.) National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Hotel Pennsylvania. Retrieved from: http://www.phila.gov/historical/pdf/Hotel%20Pennsylvania%20NR%20Form.pdf
Standard Engraving Company, Inc. - Lithographer
Keen, Charles Barton, 1868-1931 - Architect
Milligan & Webber, active 1897 - 1911 - Architect