The Very Strange World of Presidential Trivia
- Which president became trapped in the White House bath tub and needed help to escape?
- To date, only one presidential dog has ever been assassinated. To whom did this unfortunate animal belong?
- One president virtually disappeared for the last year and a half of his administration. Who was it?
- A major political party actually ran a dying man for president. Who was it and why did they do it?
- Which president was described by a political enemy as “that damned cowboy”?
- One presidential candidate fathered an illegitimate daughter. While he both acknowledged and supported her throughout the campaign, he had to listen to his enemies chanting, “Ma, Ma, where’s my Pa? Gone to the White House. Ha, Ha, Ha!” Who was this presidential father?
- To what historical event does the phrase “Martin, Barton, and Fish” refer?
- This president is always pictured as hale and hearty. Yet, in reality he suffered from failing eyesight, rotting teeth, and internal bleeding caused by bullets that couldn’t be removed from his body. Who was it?
- Theodore Roosevelt was shot by a would-be assassin at close range, yet the president lived. Why?
- Which president described Washington, D.C. as a city of “Southern efficiency and Northern charm"?
- William Howard Taft
- Abraham Lincoln
- Woodrow Wilson
- The Democrats ran Franklin Roosevelt in 1944, because he was seen as vital to the war effort.
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Grover Cleveland
- These Republican House members voted against Franklin Roosevelt's declaration of war in 1941.
- Andrew Jackson
- The bullet struck a metal object in his pocket.
- John F. Kennedy