You'll love these weblinks chosen by our expert librarians.
- BLS Career Information - Explore different careers in the categories Music/Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading, and P.E./Outdoors
- College Board Career Search - College Board Career Search with helpful career descriptions and job outlook through 2005.
- Job Corps - Job Corps' web page, with enrollment information for students ages 16 through 24.
- Tomorrowsdoctors - A Guide for High School Students. Wonderful informative page for students interested in this field. published by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- YouthRules! - Information from the U.S. Department of Labor for teens, parents, educators, employers and the public on Federal and State rules regarding young workers, to help ensure a safe and positive work experience for young people.
Jobs and Internships
Jobs and Internship information for Teens
- Americorps – One year volunteer program to learn skills and address pressing social problems.
- City of Philadelphia Internship Program – Six week internship with municipal government.
- E3 Power Centers – Assistance for 16-21 year old out-of-school youth with: GED test prep, job readiness training, paid internships, financial literacy, life skills and case management.
- Free Library Volunteer Program – Volunteer for the Free Library.
- Literacy Enrichment After-School Program (LEAP) – Become a Teen Leadership Assistant with the Free Library of Philadelphia’s LEAP program.
- Philadelphia Job Corps – Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program for people age 14 to 24.
- Philadelphia Zoo – Seasonal job opportunities at the Philadelphia Zoo.
- PYN Workready – Summer job opportunities for Philadelphians aged 14-21.
- Serve Philadelphia – Volunteer through the city of Philadelphia.
- Sparkling Pool Services, Inc. – Looking for highly qualified, certified lifeguards or those interested in becoming certified lifeguards.
- Youth Service America: National Child Awareness Month Youth Ambassador Program – Year-long program helps young leaders (ages 16-22) create change around critical issues facing youth today.