You'll love these weblinks chosen by our expert librarians.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asian American Net – Designed to serve all Asian American communities. The site's primary feature is the collection of regional and country-specific materials available on the Internet.
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month – Covers all aspects of Asian American history, including famous firsts, a timeline and focus on Asian ancestry by ethnic group.
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Teaching Resources from The Smithsonian Institute – Lesson plans for teachers explore a variety of Asian cultures, using resources from the Smithsonian Institute.
- Library of Congress-Asian Pacific American Hertitage Month – In celebration of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, the Library of Congresshas launched an updated Web site highlighting the resources on Asian Pacific American history and culture available from our extensive online collections.
- National Parks Service-Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month – This site showcases historic properties listed in the National Register and National Park units highlighting important aspects of the Asian and Pacific experience in America.
- Scholastic's Asian Pacific American Heritage – Read about Asian American authors, such as Allen Say, Linda Sue Park and Laurence Yep. Explore stories and crafts from Asian American culture.
Local Resources for Asian Americans
- Asian Americans United – A community organization for people of Asian Ancestry in the Philadelphia Area
- Asian Arts Initiative Youth Arts Workshop – Information on the Asian Arts Initiative's Youth Arts Workshops, which are typically offered during the school year and cover a wide variety of artistic mediums.
- Governor's Advisory Commission on Asian American Affairs in Pennsylvania – A gateway to state resources specially for Asian Americans.
- Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia – Contains information and resources for the local Japanese American community.
- Philadelphia's Chinatown – An online guide to Philadelphia's historic Chinatown district, presented by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania.