We have good news to share! Following the guidance of public health officials, the Free Library is now expanding our available services at some of our locations to include several in-building resources.
You can now visit several libraries to:
- Use computers, wireless internet, and printers
- Utilize grab-and-go holds pickup inside the library
- Get your questions answered by a reference desk staff member
We take the health of our staff and customers very seriously. When you visit the library:
- Masks are mandatory. The Free Library will provide masks for those who do not have their own, as supplies allow.
- Social distancing is required.
- Visits will be limited to no more than 30 minutes per day. Reference service and computer sessions will also have time limits.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
Those not following these guidelines will be asked to leave. For the full list of safety precautions and expectations, please visit our Plan Your Visit page.
We will continue to offer book-drop returns, contactless material pickups, and phone reference services at some libraries. Please visit our locations page to see what is available at your neighborhood library. This page is updated daily, and days / times are subject to change, so please check it regularly.
Don’t forget that many Free Library programs are still taking place virtually! We also continue to offer robust digital resources that you can access anywhere with your library card, including ebooks, audiobooks, movies and TV shows, music, over 100 databases, and the New York Times online.
As things continue to change, you can stay informed in a number of ways:
- View our COVID-19 resource page, where we will continue to share updates.
- Visit our blog and follow the Free Library on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for up-to-date information.
- Visit the Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 resource page for the latest health information.
- Text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive free alerts with important information about COVID-19 through ReadyPhiladelphia, the City of Philadelphia’s mass communication system.
Until then, we hope you’ll take advantage of the above services! See you soon!