Wed, November 9, 2022 1:00 P.M.
Parkway Central Library
The University City Science Center, in partnership with eCLOSE Institute, Citizens and Harrisburg University, have started recruitment efforts for their next Building an Understanding of Lab Basics (BULB) workforce development program. This cohort will run from November 28th to December 21st training Greater Philadelphia area adult learners on basic lab safety & protocols, concepts of cell & gene therapy and financial literacy.
Join us for an in-person Info Session on Wednesday November 9, 2022, from 1pm – 2pm. There, you will get a deeper look into what their program offers, ask questions, and fill out the application on the spot!
Requirements for the program:
- Greater Philadelphia area resident
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- A strong interest in the STEM career field
- Access to a computer and internet connection
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Zoom functionality
- Performance based stipend
- Laptop upon graduation
- Connections to employers looking for talent in STEM fields
- Professional mentors in the STEM field
- Access to online lab training & resource platform
Can't make the information session? Apply here by November 11th!
Wednesday, November 9｜1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Ground Floor｜Business Resource and Innovation Center｜Parkway Central Library