This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know Now, Not Later
Mon, December 5, 2016 6:30 P.M.
Business Resource and Innovation Center at
Parkway Central Library
- Effective use of United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) website resources
- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations differ
- Why it’s important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used
- What may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a “cease-and-desist” letter
- What the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid scams perpetrated by companies which request fees for services not required by the USPTO
Presented by speaker Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Outreach from the United States Patent & Trademark Office, in cooperation with Entrepreneur Works.
This event is free, but please register by calling 215-686-5394 or go to https://trademarkbasics2016.eventbrite.com
Skyline Room, 4th Floor