This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
Sat, June 16, 2018 11:00 A.M.
Join us on beautiful Delancey Place for the Rosenbach’s annual Bloomsday celebration on June 16, the day the world celebrates Leopold Bloom’s fictional journey through the streets of Dublin, as imagined in James Joyce’s epic Ulysses. Lauded as the greatest novel of all time, Ulysses has been called everything from masterfully moving to hilariously obscene. Bloomsday is free and open to everyone. Ulysses enthusiasts and novices alike can drop by Delancey Place anytime during the day to enjoy everything Bloomsday has to offer, including:
- A day-long reading of Ulysses featuring literati, artists, public figures, and familiar personalities from Philadelphia and beyond.
- Musical performances from and inspired by the novel
- Free admission to the historic house and current exhibitions, including Of Two Minds and pages of the Ulysses manuscript in the library
- A beer garden with draughts drawn by the Grey Lodge Pub
- Food from local vendors (to be announced)
2008-2010 Delancey Place ()
Philadelphia, PA 19103