Item No: pdch00191
Title: Aerial views Wharton School of the University of Penna
Historic Street Address:
3620 Locust Walk
Print and Picture Collection
Image taken by Philadelphia Evening Bulletin photographer Charles T. Higgins. Notes on the negative's envelope read: "Dec. 1953; aerial views, Wharton School of the University of Penna"
This December 1953 image shows an aerial view of Deitrich Hall, the first dedicated building for the Wharton School of Business, at the University of Pennsylvania. It was built in 1952, having outgrown its increasingly-crowded original accomodations in Logan Hall. In 1983, a major addition to the building created Steinberg-Dietrich Hall.
Higgins, Charles - Photographer