Item No: cdc296601
Title: ALs to John Pritt Harley
Sunday Eighth May, 1853
My Dear Harley
Mr Lemon and I are interested in getting up a little benefit early next month for Miss Kelly--most probably at the St. James's Theatre. We have for a committee The Duke of Devonshire, Duke of Leinster, Duke of Beaufort, Stanfield, Young, &c. The bill is a very easy one (she playing herself) and we think it will do the design great service if you will nominally (we have a man ready to do all the writing work), act as Secretary. Send me a line round to say Yes, and we will meet about it soon.
Faithfully Yours Ever
J. P. Harley Esquire
Sunday Eighth May 1853
Rare Book Department
Record created by BZ.
Harley, John Pritt, 1786-1858
Hamilton 3/20/56, Matlack Fund.
The Letters of Charles Dickens, Pilgrim Edition, Volume Seven, pages 81-82.
Creation Place Note:Tavistock House
DL H227 1853-05-08
Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 - Author
- Tavistock House
- Stanfield, Clarkson, 1793-1867
- Lemon, Mark, 1809-1870
- Devonshire, William Spencer Cavendish, Duke of, 1790-1858
- Kelly, Frances Maria, 1790-1882
- Harley, John Pritt, 1786-1858
- Young, Charles Mayne, 1777-1856
- St. James Theatre, London
- Leinster, Augustus Frederick Fitzgerald, Duke of, 1791-1874
- Beaufort, John Henry Somerset, Duke of, 1792-1853