Item No: pdcf00005
Title: 13th & Locust Street Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the 13th & Locust Street Branch, ca. 1910
Historic Street Address:
13th & Locust Street, Northeast corner
Print and Picture Collection
This is a ca. 1910 exterior view of NE corner of 13th & Locust Sts. This building served as the central library for the Free Library of Philadelphia, from 1910 until 1927, when the Parkway Central Library opened. The rent for this branch in 1924 was $10,500, plus $9308.25 in taxes, for a total of $19,808.25 for the year.
Rau, William Herman, 1855-1920 - Photographer