Item No: pdcf00024
Title: Bushrod Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of Bushrod Branch, Spring 1966Historic Street Address: 6304 Castor Avenue
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
The Bushrod Branch opened its doors on October 25, 1950. It was the first newly constructed branch in the Free Library system since the completion of the Central Library in 1927. It was named for Philadelphia eye surgeon and humanitarian Dr. Bushrod Washington James, whose will established the Bushrod Library near Logan Square in 1903, the endowment of which was transferred to the Free Library in 1948. This is a 1966 exterior view of the branch.
The Bushrod Branch serves the communities of Oxford Circle, Castor Gardens, Upper Northwood, Summerdale, and the Lower Northeast.
Creation Year: 1966
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.078607