Item No: pdcf00187
Title: Haddington Branch
Additional Title: Reproduction of architect's drawings for the Haddington Branch, Nov. 1913
Historic Street Address:
446 North 65th Street
Print and Picture Collection
The Haddington Branch of the Free Library opened on December 3, 1915. Albert Kelsey, an architect who chaired the committee to develop the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, designed the building. The Haddington Branch was the 18th library building erected using funds from Andrew Carnegie. The land for the library was donated by Alex Simpson, Jr.
This image is a 1913 plate (published in the periodical The Brickbuilder) of the plans, section, and elevations for the Haddington Branch.
Located at the top of a hill, at 65th Street & Girard Avenue, the library serves the communities of Haddington-Carroll Park and Overbrook-Morris Park.
Kelsey, Albert, 1870-1950 - Architect